3020 Scott Street
Historic elegance and high-end living seamlessly blend in this newly renovated Turn-of-the-Century residence.
Situated in the heart of Cow Hollow, this beautifully restored home was impeccably remodeled by Plath & Company in 2015 with an emphasis on preserving historic detail and fine craftsmanship. The resulting residence blends the elegance of Edwardian-era architecture with the comforts of high-end luxury conveniences, providing an exceptional living experience on three separate floors.
Step through a lattice portico to enter the grey clapboard-covered home. Here a graceful entry hall includes vintage moldings, period detail and a restored wooden spindle-bannister over stairway on the right, framed by 11-foot-tall soaring ceilings and pristine honey-toned hardwood floors.
To the left of the entrance is a sophisticated living room featuring brick fireplace and hearth, and a full-wall of dramatic floor-to-ceiling custom-designed built-ins, featuring linen-covered doors with Restoration Hardware finishes.
The living room leads to a great room where a state-of-the art open Chef’s kitchen – with Carrara-marble covered island, 6-burner Viking range and Shaw’s Original Farmhouse sink – is the center piece to an iconic modern family-living-dining space. Opposite the kitchen island, a stylish and oversized wooden banquette wraps along a wall ofsunlit windows to create a highly customized and original eat-in experience.
The great room is accented by a full wall of custom cabinetry, including a whimsical built-in rolling library ladder for easy-to-reach high shelving; an exterior door from the great room provides seamless access to a charming private garden below with mature maple tree, sustainable play area and access to the street through a service corridor. A vintage powder room featuring beadboard wainscoting completes this floor.
Climb the stairway to find three elegant private retreats and two full bathrooms on the upper level. The master bedroom is well-appointed with generous custom-built floor-to-ceiling closets and cabinetry, plantation shutters, and a master bath featuring custom marble, oversized soaking tub replete with varied patterns of custom subway tile.
A generously sized second bedroom includes built-in cabinetry with open cubbies to display art and collectibles. A third sunny bedroom offers a door to a private balcony with a view of Alcatraz and outlooks to the sunny garden below. The large second bathroom on this floor providesa mission-style double vanity sink with Carrara marble top and octagon patterned floor tile.
Climb down an interior stairway from the great room to find a lower level that provides a 4thbedroom suite/family room option featuring built-ins and an elegantly appointed full bathroom with marble counter, and stunning custom-tile shower. Well-designed storage and access to the 1-car garage complete this level.
Located between Pacific Heights and the Marina, Cow Hollow is conveniently close to highly coveted shopping, contemporary dining and several fitness clubs with easy access to public transit, Presidio Park and Crissy Field recreation areas.
Property Features Include:
- Top-to-bottom renovation by LEED-certified Plath & Co. in 2015
- 11-foot ceilings on two upper floors
- All windows restored to maintain integrity & framing of original architecture
- Custom period details throughout including built-ins, moldings and wainscoting
- Restoration Hardware fixtures and hardware
- Updated electrical systems & plumbing throughout
- Recessed lighting & custom light fixtures
- Great room with customized and highly original modern design
- Stainless steel top-of-the-line appliances included
- Custom built-ins in all four bedrooms
- Bedroom with private terrace & view of Alcatraz
- Bathrooms feature custom subway style tiling and fixtures
- Laundry w/ full sized front-loading Whirlpool duet & linen closet at upper landing
- Private garden with play area & mature maple tree
- Legally-permitted 4thbedroom suite/family room on lower level
- 1-car garage with automatic door & interior access into the home
- Custom designed cabinetry provides innovative storage solutions throughout
- Reengineered utility closets in lower level hallway
- Fully wired for Bay Alarm System – controlled via Keypad & App
- Walk Score 98 – Walker’s Paradise
*Private Showings by Request
Contact Marla Moresi-Valdes